Unibra is a Belgian family-owned company founded in 1960 but with artisan-brewer roots and a commitment to flavour and tradition going back to 1829. We are a genuine family business with a long history and proven track record.
Unibra is in two business sectors namely: Beer production and distribution in Africa and Real Estate. The Unibra Pan African Services-UPAS is the Unibra brewery branch in Africa with the exclusive SKOL brand/trademark ownership. We have our own production in Rwanda, license production through Castel in RDC, Guinee, Madagascar and intend to open a brewery in East or Central Africa in the near future.
Let’s Talk about the Role
It will entail managing effectively and efficiently day-to-day running of a brewery in an environmentally friendly manner in order to realise the quality, quantity, cost and service objectives of the business. In addition to that the jobholder proposes and implements the upscaling of a brewery to double its capacity.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will work closely with all relevant departments to keep the Brewery agenda as a top priority through:
- Production of high-quality finished products to meet consumer and customer needs and expectations.
- Develop the brewery machinery, equipment, and processes to enable future capacity demands.
- Ensure the brewery has the right qualified personnel with the right organizational structure.
- Prepare Production Performance, Staff and Financial reports.
- Contribute to Product Development.
- Ensure safety and security of lines, plant, equipment, and materials in the location.
- Experience in managing a factory production environment for more than 5 years of which min 3 years are in Brewery
- Project Management Knowledge
- Understanding of FMCG operations environment
- University degree in Mechanical & electrical Engineering related technologies/technician or Biochemistry brewing.
- Age is not that important although in the mid 40’s and more junior profile with strong potential will not be excluded
- Ability to implement factory CAPEX Projects (new packaging line, brewhouse, wastewater management); sizing up a factory
- Knowledge of product development; Beer & other beverages.
- Ability to develop and communicate well structured proposals, including long term master plan
- Capacity to synthesize and work by priorities
- Strategic thinking, master planning and brewery design.
- Brewery Management, planning, daily management & evaluating, KPI’s.
- People Management, communication, and development.
- Financial management, budgeting, Return-on-Investment, and risk assessment.
- Ability to develop and communicate industrial vision, mobilize and motivate local teams to share and adhere to the vision
- Proactive, results oriented and problem solver
- Analytical, sense of detail
- Excellent communicator
- Genuine listener
- Sensitivity to multicultural environments environment particularly in Africa
- Influence and negotiating skills
- Well organized
- Ability to work with relatively little supervision
- Open minded, quick learner
- Creative and ability to come with proposals / solutions
- Good observer, intellectual curiosity
- High energy level and flexible attitude
Nationality and languages
- Nationality is indifferent
- Proficiency in French and / or English
What’s in it For You
We are in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy, and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical, and financial well-being for all employees. When it comes to benefits, we are the total expat package.
How to apply:
Applications including cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV), copies of degrees/diplomas/ professional certificates and a copy of the national ID /passport should be submitted via this email: email@example.com at the attention of the Chief Executive Officer of UPAS not later than 31st August 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.