UNIBRA is looking for an exceptional Commercial Business Developer to join in East and Central Africa.
UNIBRA is a Belgian family-owned company founded in 1960 but with artisan-brewer roots and a commitment to flavour and tradition going back to 1829. We are a genuine family business with a long history and proven track record.
UNIBRA is in two business sectors namely: Beer production and distribution in Africa with the exclusive SKOL brand/trademark ownership and Real Estate in Belgium and Luxembourg. We have our own production in Rwanda and intend to open a brewery in East or Central Africa in the near future.
To accomplish its mission, UNIBRA is looking for a qualified and committed individual to join its team in the in the position of Commercial Business Developer, based in Kigali-Rwanda.
LET’S TALK ABOUT THE ROLE
It will entail development of UNIBRA beverage business in Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi and other potential export markets out of Skol Brewery Limited Rwanda through existing channels and new relations and distributors to develop.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
You will work closely with all relevant departments to keep the UNIBRA beverage Business agenda as a top priority through:
1. Develop the sales of Skol portfolio in:
• East RDCongo, through the existing distributor of Goma develop the North of Kivu area
• East RDCongo, identify the optimal Route-to-Market to South Kivu and develop potential partners
• RDCongo – Kinshasa area; through the existing partner Bracongo
• RDCongo – Lubumbashi & Beni area; through the existing partner Brasimba
• Other neighboring countries – new partners / projects
2.Ensure availability of UNIBRA product portfolio in those markets, the right product at the right place at the right price.
3.Ensure visibility in Point-of-Sales and Above the Line of the appropriate product portfolio.
4. Propose and consequently implement business plans for the markets in own management; through the yearly planning process present a yearly plan and quarterly update and review in function of the performance:
• Develop the brand portfolio for each of the markets;
• Communication plans with consumers – brand marketing activities Above-the-Line – create awareness, interest, and desire amongst the target consumers;
• Trade marketing plans – ensure selling-out in the targeted channels
i. Develop the channel strategy per market
ii. Ensure Retail Classification of the markets
iii. Implement a cycle approach with the field force in the markets
• Route-to-Market plans for each of the markets;
• Coach the distributors and field force teams in selling-in activities.
5. For the markets with License or subcontracting: Liaise with Commercial Directors to ensure effective
• Brand portfolio
• Brand marketing activities
• Sales strategy focused on selling through to consumer.
6. Ensure the Skol International social media presence is up-to-date and in line with the Group strategy.
7. Gather market intelligence and make timely reports to all key stakeholders in order to track the market evolution and inform strategic decision making;
• Customer information
• Distributors information
• Consumer complaints
• Competitive information
•Experience in managing Business Development, Commercial and Marketing strategic activities for reasonable number of years in Business Development with few years in the Brewery Industry.
•Understanding of Africa Business environment
•Understanding of FMCG Business environment
University degree in Commerce/International Marketing.
•Ability to align, review and direct the sales and operations practices to best suit the regional markets, and ensure various parties are aligned (management, field force and distributors).
•Knowledge of the Beer Market and Beverages.
•Ability to develop and communicate well structured proposals, including Business Plans, Trade Marketing Plans, Communication plans and Route-to-Market plans.
•Capacity to synthesize and work by priorities
•People Management, communication, and development.
•Financial management, budgeting, Return-on-Investment, and risk assessment.
•Self-motivator, self-starter, and pioneer
•Proactive, results oriented and problem solver
•Analytical, sense of detail
•Influence and negotiating skills
•Sensitivity to multicultural environment particularly in Africa
•Ability to work with relatively little supervision
•Open minded, quick learner
•Creative and ability to come with proposals / solutions
•Good observer, intellectual curiosity
•High energy level and flexible attitude
•Proficiency in French and English
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
We are in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy, and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical, and financial well-being for all employees. When it comes to benefits, we have the total expat package.
In this role, you will be part of a great adventure, you will also have the potential to transform your career and our business.
We encourage you to think big and go after your goals. You will get to be creative, work with diverse teams and have direct control over your career and where it takes you.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications including cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV), copies of degrees/diplomas/ professional certificates and a copy of the national ID /passport should be submitted via this email: email@example.com at the attention of the Chief Executive Officer of UNIBRA not later than 15th July 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.